Men’s 1st vs Plymouth Uni 1st 16/11/2011

A very interesting game took place in Jubilee’s Sport Centre pool on Wednesday. This game was the last game for the group stages of the SUWP tournament.

As was expected, the opposing team was really tough and had in its possession some skilled players.

Due to many mistakes in both attack and defence, our team managed to score only one early goal and concede four quick goals by the end of the first quarter.

From then on, the game was an incessant chase to level the score for the Southampton team. In the second quarter, our players were able to score three goals and receive only two by attacking effectively and by playing organised defences, reducing the gap between the two teams’ scores.

In the third quarter of the game, our boys pressed Plymouth’s team in defence effectively, by not giving away mindless majors. In addition to that, well organised offensive tries and use of drills, learned in training, took place. All that led to two goals being scored by us and none from Plymouth leading to a 6-6 draw.

In the fourth quarter our team scored the first goal, this way putting us in front, after a long time in the match. Unfortunately, the chasing to level the score in the second and third quarter had taken its toll on our team, who was unable to answer to the two goals received afterwards. In consequence, losing with a final score of 7-8.

However, this is not the end for our team in the SUWP tournament as we are still competing and hoping to win the trophy.

No need to mention that the support from everyone poolside was and is much appreciated!


5 – Panos Logothetis
1 – Will Logothetis
1 – Duncan Jenkins

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s