Men’s 1st vs Bournemouth 22/04/2012

After a full month’s break and only one official training, our men’s 1st had their first game after Easter, on Sunday. 

Our team managed to bring together a team of only 10 people, due to many injuries and absences. However, the opposition (B’mouth) thankfully had only 7 players, which made things easier for us.
In the first quarter our team was attacking on the shallow end and the pit was guarded fairly well from the Bournemouth players, as their team had some big players. Our defence was really organised and communication was always good. However, some misfortunes in the defence led to one goal being conceded. Without being able to find enough opportunities, our team managed to score only one goal from the arc. The score at the end of the quarter was a 1-1 draw.
In the second quarter as we were attacking on the deep end, which is usually our favourite side, we managed to play much better in attack. Our defence was really compact leaving no chance for B’mouth to score. On the other hand, our team scored two goals late in the quarter as exhaustion was starting to show on the opposition. The score at the end of the first half was 3-1 for our team.
The third quarter against found us attacking on the shallow end. Again the number of chances we had was considerably smaller than in the 2nd quarter, when we were attacking on the deep end. Although the defence was organised and communication was again good many players were sent off, thus presenting the opportunity to the opposition to score. In the attack our team only managed to score one goal and in the defence two goals were conceded. The score then was 4-3, our men’s 1st was still leading.
In the fourth quarter the B’mouth team, with only 7 players, was obviously exhausted. This could be seen by the high number of major fouls they conceded. Our team took advantage of this, and scored 4 goals. Although the pace of the game had accelerated our defending was still compact and returns were quick, the opposition only scored one goal.
The final score was 8-4, a great return for the men’s first team. A big thank you for the support on the poolside and a thank you to the girls and boys working on the table.
2 – Will Logothetis
2 – Panos Logothetis
1 – John Pickford
1 – Michael Stephanou
1 – Will Divall
1 – Duncan Jenkins

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s